Screen Printing Mistakes
In the commercial screen printing industry, costly mistakes are something to be avoided. Unfortunately, there are many things that can go wrong, and a lot of room for errors. Small and large businesses alike should strive to avoid these costly errors. Save money and keep business booming with these screen printing tips.
1. Don’t stop in the middle of printing. If you are in the middle of printing, keep going. If you stop, the ink will dry in the screen. There is nothing you can do to stop this from happening. If you do let it happen, your design and screen are ruined.
2. Don’t go above your skill level. If you are not good at printing four colors on a shirt, don’t offer that service. Screwing up an order is an expensive mistake. In addition, it could turn away customers.
3. One of the most important screen printing design tips is to One of the most important screen printing design tips is to carefully check your work and make notes. If you zone out, you can mess up a customer’s design. Always go back over your work to make sure it is what was ordered. Also, avoid trying to recite the order from memory. Write it down, so that you have a hard copy to fall back on when you are unsure of details.
4. Never leave ink containers open. The ink inevitably dries, wasting what ink was left in the container. As it dries, the ink also gets goopy. Thick, goopy ink does not transfer to shirts well, which ruins the design, or it can come out too light.
5. Always wash out the screen right after you are done with it. If you let the ink dry on the screen, it will be ruined. If the ink starts to dry or get thick while you are still printing, you can mist water on it to save the shirt.
If you enjoyed these t-shirt design tips, you may also like our T-Shirt Business Tips.