When you finally do implement an apparel software suite, there are many different applications rolled into it that you can use. Explore the software and figure out the best ways you can use all of its functions to make your business run more smoothly. Consider using the following tools if your ERP software has them:
1. Calendar. The ERP software should have a calendar built into the email application. Use the calendar to outline work goals, deliveries, and business meetings. You can even make your calendar available to the whole organization, to streamline important events.
2. Backup and recovery. Make use of the backup and recovery software every day to make sure you do not lose anything important, such as orders, customer designs, and contact information. All your files should go to an external server, just in case anything happens to the computer systems.
3. CRM. Customer relationship management software is useful to track orders, track leads, and issue follow-up emails and calls. Use this software in the sales department of your company for better success than keeping your own records.
4. E-Commerce. You should have a part of the sales software that automatically processes credit cards and collects sales tax. This removes one major step from the sales process that you do not have to do, which means you are saving time and money.
5. Email marketing. You should have a program that allows you to create templates and marketing materials, such as newsletters and other emails for those who opt in. This equates to more sales per quarter.
For more information on how software can help your business, contact us at ShopWorks.