Small Business Marketing Tips & Solutions
Expanding your business can seem like a daunting, insurmountable task, if you don’t have experience with doing so. Whether you are just starting out, or you have sustained your business at a smaller size for several years, here are some simple tips that can help you grow your business now:
• Attend Industry Events: Industry events and tradeshows give you an excellent opportunity for networking with potential partners and competitors. Business doesn’t always have to be a competitive industry — often partnering or sharing information and experience with other companies can lead to a mutually beneficial business relationship.
• Host Your Own: If you haven’t liked any of the events you have visited recently, and you can’t find any in your area, team up with other nearby businesses to host an event in your area. This can range from a small trade show, to a farmers-market type of event that you invite customers to on the weekend.
• Use Email: Create a weekly email that updates your customers on your products and services, and any specials you are hosting. This is a good way to keep your business in your customers’ minds and keep them apprised of the goings-on in your company.
• Give Things Away: Handing out freebies is an easy way to generate mass amounts of goodwill toward your company. Whether you are offering a free product if customers spend a certain amount, or if you are handing out calendars or other small token gifts, your customers will remember the generosity.
• Support a Charitable Cause: By supporting a cause, whether it is a local charity, or a certain day, such as Earth Day, you raise goodwill in the community. Even though you need to spend money, up front, you will make more, in the long run.
• Software Solutions for Business: Invest in a good Apparel ERP or print estimating software to help consolidate the business processes within your company and to cut down on confusing paperwork.