Screen Printing Tips and Tricks
Many small screen printing companies are embracing apparel ERP software to help manage their business. The software keeps track of things such as purchases and inventory, as well as billing and designing the proofs. Having this type of software can lead to happier customers and better print quality, but it is not the only way to achieve these goals. Here are 5 screen printing tips and tricks:
1. The print quality highly depends on the quality of the proofs. With ERP software, you can design proofs in the program and submit to the customer for real-time feedback. The proofs created with the software are high quality and ready for the staff to transform into apparel.
2. Staff must know the ins and outs of the machines, and know how to set the screens up correctly. Each screen has to be lined up straight. In fact, all of the equipment you use must be lined up correctly for it to work.
3. Offer a color matching service, and do it the right way. Many smaller businesses color match by eye. This is not the right way to do it. Instead, use a high quality, stainless steel scale to measure Pantones.
4. Use a high quality screen and squeegee. You should only have to put enough pressure on the screen that the ink just comes through it to the shirt. If this process is difficult, you likely need a better screen. In addition, the squeegee needs to be on the harder side to avoid dot gain.
5. The print hand is one of the most important aspects of the printing process. Water-based ink leaves the end product soft after curing. However, ink-heavy images will need many applications, which could change the feel of the clothing. Using a higher mesh count on the screen can help in this process.
For more information about screen printing and management software, contact us at ShopWorks.