EDP (External Data Processor) is a module in OnSite that allows you to convert text into a sales order and related customer, designs and contact information. There are two types of transactions that can be performed in the OnSite system.
“Inbound” EDP – transactions are used to take text information and convert it into a sales order.
“Outbound” EDP – transactions are used to convert a purchase order in OnSite to text for the purposes of sending to a vendor or subcontractor. If that subcontractor is also using OnSite they will be able to convert your PO into a sales order.
– Orders are generated from a website and are processed into your OnSite system.
– A 3rd party application takes or creates sales orders and they are processed into your OnSite system
– You and your Vendor use OnSite. You send them a PO from your OnSite system in EDP format and they can process into a Sales Order without having to manually enter it.
This external data integration option is best when there is not a direct integration between OnSite and a website.
How the EDP Works
Step 1 – Orders are taken on your website.
Step 2 – Those Orders are converted into our “EDP” format.
Step 3 – The Orders are brought into OnSite one-by-one or in a batch process.
The EDP is exclusively used to transfer Sales Orders and related information into OnSite. This includes:
– Sales Orders
– Line items on the Sales Order
– Payment information related to the Sales Order
– New Customer information (if it is a new customer) related to a Sales Order
ShopWorks business software helps over 850 of the most successful decorated apparel and promotional product companies grow their business by streamlining operations and improving productivity of the entire shop.