Starting a Screen Print Business
When you have plans to start up a screen printing business, there are many things you must do to get your business off the ground. Having apparel software is just one step, and one that you can take once you establish your business. However, there are many other things you will need at first to get things rolling.
1. Create a model that is based on other successful t-shirt businesses. You have to learn the industry and how it works before you can become successful.
2. Create your plan. Think about your target market and what you plan to sell. Also decide where you plan to sell.
3. Get to know your competition and their selling strategies. This can help you with pricing and promotions.
4. Create quality products that people want to buy. Make sure you test out the products fully before mass producing anything.
5. Get your finances in check. Create a budget and know how much it will cost you to buy what you need to start. You must work out how much it costs to make each shirt in order to price your items so that you are making profits versus paying for just the overhead.
6. Set business goals of how many shirts you plan to sell. Use this as motivation to get yourself and your company out there.
7. Create an aggressive social media strategy to get people to start liking and commenting on your page. This is one of the best ways to get sales going.